When marketers overcome all the difficulties to get email delivered in client’s inbox, you can do nothing but pray for them to click and open it.
STILL, you can improve your open rate by a ‘eye-catching’ subject line. Think about yourself, when you open outlook or login your email account, tens of emails laying there, what you usually do is just see at a glance and click the one which subject line attract you, isn’t it?
I have blogged ‘Better email subject lines‘, ‘Email Blast (eDM) subject Guideline‘, and ‘How best to display e-mail on a handheld‘ for the subject line topic, but it’s never too much emphasize since it’s very important.
Subject line is one of the most important foundation over email marketing, and it’s also the most important factor to attract client to open your email.
here are some tips:
- Keep your email subject short & informative. As I mentioned in ‘How best to display e-mail on a handheld‘, there is a trend that client receive email in handheld, so keep it short is must
- including offer in email subject. Client can clearly know what they can get before read the email.
- highlight client’s pain point. if you can highlight what client currently worry about, you can easily get their mouse over your link and click it
- put the number in front of subject line. By the research saying, put the number in front of subject would be a great idea. for example, use ’60% improve your productivity’ instead of ‘improve your productivity 60%’
- personalize email subject line. use the format like: ‘First Name, Here is your …’ I personally think it’s too formal to use full name instead of first name, and I know some of Spammers using the same way, but they usually use the front part of users’ email account.
I know there are still some other tips out there, welcome to make a comment and shares here