Email Marketing Service Provider – Silverpop recently published a Study report base on their client database.
In this study report, they analysis the email marketing benchmark from below 3 respects:
- Deeper Perspective in Benchmarks
- International Comparison
- Benchmarks Beyond “Average”
I would like to share some highlights here and details can be found in attachment.
While average and median open rates are fairly close, across-the-board, top quartile performers are roughly 50 percent higher than the median and +/- 100 percent above bottom quartile performers. Disparities among the different measures for the gross open rate is even greater, with top performers achieving rates more than 150 percent higher.
- Click-Through Rate: Top quartile performers were more than 130 percent higher than the median and 430 percent higher than bottom performers.
- Click-to-Open-Rate: While more than a quarter of recipients in the top quartile opened and clicked, fewer than 7 of every 100 recipients in the bottom quartile did so. Top quarter performers were also 77 percent higher than median and 290 percent higher than bottom performers.
- Clicks-Per-Clicker: Top quartile performers were more than 19 percent higher than the median and 35 percent higher than bottom performers.
Bounce Rate / Unsubscribe Rate / Complaint Rate