January 13th, 2010 by XDXY eMarketing
Twitter is one of the most important platform of Social Media Marketing. And for us, XDXY eMarketing Twitter Account have attracted 2680 followers so far in the past half year.
I know there are many companies want to dive in to this area, they opened Twitter account, but no idea how to start tweet and how to attract more followers, here I found one free eBook for you: <<The Complete Guide to Twitter>>, this 53-pages-long eBook not only a guide of how to use Twitter, but also shared some Twitter Tips & Tricks.
<<The Complete Guide to Twitter>>
1. Introduction – What is Twitter?
2. What’s So Good about Twitter?
3. Setting up your Twitter account for the first time
4. How to Effectively Tweet
5. Twitter Apps and Bots You Should Know About
6. Twitter Tips & Tricks
I personally Love the 6 part – Tips & Tricks
Some Screenshots of <<The Complete Guide to Twitter>> eBook:
Twitteris a website where you can leave messages of up to 140 characters long for other people to read. Think of it as the online equivalent of sending mobile phone SMS messages. The messages will instantly appear on your page in the form of a timeline (newest messages at the top going down to oldest at the bottom).
December 28th, 2009 by XDXY eMarketing
I read a article ‘Users Still Sharing by E-Mail’ at eMarketer. Very interesting point, I know Email Marketing is very important for Online Marketing, But It’s really beyond my expectation is that people still prefer using Email to share rather than Social Media.
“E-mail is still the king of online sharing”, “E-mail links get highest conversion, engagement rates…”
The analysis result indicate that “86% of sharing activity related to social programs run on StrongMail’s platform in Q3 3009 was done via e-mail. Facebook got only 6% of shares, while another 4% were tweeted. ” And Email (including Embedded badges & personal link) have the highest conversion rate!
And base on the result, Twitter had the highest click-through rate, and Email links were least likely to be clicked.
But looking at engagement, Email shares led to the most page views per click, at 2.95. Users clicking through from Twitter only visited an average of 1.66 pages each.
- Email Marketing still the most effective method of doing Online Marketing.
- Embed Badges and Links in your email signature.
- Social Media Marketing still can help you to drive more traffic from awareness stand of point.
Email Marketing, Social Media
December 21st, 2009 by XDXY eMarketing
Social Media is becoming one of the most important online marketing tactic. More and more companies jump into social network marketing field to promote their brand or product, and they brought huge amount of marketing dollar in as well. Since all marketing investment need to be evaluated returns, the question comes up: how to measure the performance of social media marketing?
I would like to share some tips about social media marketing performance measuring:
1. Impression. It’s not as easy as banner Ad to figure how many times of your page have been impressed, but you can still consider below points as performance evaluating:
- How many Social Networking platform you registered accounts?
- How many connections/followers you have?
- How many groups you joined as member?
- How many discussions you participated?
2. Traffic. One major purpose of social media marketing is to drive traffic to website, it’s all free and can be tracked clearly. If you are selling advertise on your website as well, use CPM (Cost per Mil) to calculate the ROI of social media performance.
3. Shares. People on social network platform do love to share their ideas and links with friends. They submit website links & content to major platforms, when they think either interesting or informative. It’s been called ‘word of mouth online’. So consider below 2 points on social media marketing shares:
- How many of your website / pages have been submit to digg, StumbleUpon, etc..?
- How many of your company name or product name has been mentioned over twitter, facebook, Linkedin?
4. Contacts acquisition. Acquire new contacts is one of most important thing for online marketing. The normal way is like: ‘subscription box’, ‘ask opt-in in online survey’ or ‘list buy’, and you can also leverage social media marketing to acquire new contacts. People come to social network platform is intend to make friends, so be friends with them, influence them in each update, convert them as your client. How many contacts you acquired from social platform is critical factor to measure social media marketing performance.
5. Revenue contribution. Check how much revenue the social media contribute is the most direct way to evaluate social media marketing performance. Embed tracking code for all the social network post links (hide them by short URL service, like TinyURL if you want). If you sell products online, it’s not hard to track how much social media contribute.
How’s your Social Media Marketing performance so far?